Child Wellbeing Update - December 2018
Key Highlights This Month:
- Title IV-E Foster Care Maintenance Payments for Children Placed with a Parent in Substance Use Disorder Treatment: DHS participated in a forum at the December meetings to provide further details about this new service option. Please see attached document for further details.
- MACSSA/DHS CP Fiscal workgroup met 12/7/18. Reviewed new program instructions released by Children’s Bureau. For additional details please refer to the notes from this workgroup at the end of this document.
- System of Care: A system of care conference was held 11/28/18. Presentations included cultural and linguistic competence, youth guided and family driven care, high fidelity wrap around, Intensive Bridging model, etc. Contracts are being executed with counties, tribes and regions for pilot services. For additional details please see the attached notes.
- AspireMN will be reviewing the Children’s Intensive MH Report with several MACSSA representatives on 12/21/18. A forum is being coordinated for January to review the report with MACSSA membership.
- Monthly consult with DHS. The following topics were discussed: System of Care Grant, CMH, Intensive MH Needs, Study, FFPSA, Educational Stability/School Transportation, Safety Framework workgroup update, CQI workgroup update. See attached notes for detailed information.
- FFPSA forum scheduled for Jan. 2019 to review and discuss recent guidance released by Children’s Bureau and to provide input on provider surveys being sent out.
Requested Actions Needed From MACSSA:
New Trends in This Area:
Issues/Concerns Regarding This Topic:
- Title IV-E FC Payments for Children Placed with Parent in Substance Treatment Facility
- CP Fiscal Workgroup Minutes
- System of Care
- MACSSA/DHS Consult Minutes
Contact(s): Suzanne Arntson/Brenda Mahoney (Jodi Heurung, Amy Shillabeer beginning January 2019)