HC Update - April 2017
Key Highlights This Month:
- METS had its first release of 2017 on April 1st. It was a successful deploy - full release notes can be found on SIR and are attached.
- The special enrollment period for those with Medica ended on April 14th. Enrollees who did not choose a new health plan will be automatically enrolled in one of the plans serving their counties.
- Blue Plus has become unavailable in several counties because their enrollment limit was met.
- MA Estate Recovery manual has been published (see DHS bulletin #17-19-01 issued 4/7/17).
- Chandra Breen, Manager in the Managed Care Contract Management and Compliance department at DHS is retiring this summer. Julie Marquardt will take her place until someone is hired.
Requested Actions Needed From MACSSA:
None at this time.
New Trends in This Area:
- Changes to the ACA appear to be on hold until the federal government decides what, if anything, it plans to propose.
- A lot of discussion around the procurement process. DHS is unsure at this point whether there will be any procurement activities in 2018 considering federal health care law may still be amended this year.
Issues/Concerns Regarding This Topic:
The potential elimination of METS funding.
There are so many moving targets at this point. Legislature is now back from break, so it’s likely there will be many changes between now and our meeting next week.