HC Update - August 2017
Key Highlights This Month:
- Open Enrollment Period has been extended – MNsure will supplement the federal period that runs from November 1st – December 15th with a Special Enrollment Period running from December 16th – January 14, 2018
- DHS plans to mail a stuffer with September MCRE billing envelopes to explain the difference between renewals and annual health plan selection. Counties requested that the stuffers be included for MA clients as well – DHS will check into this.
- DHS released Bulletin #17-21-01C, a correction to bulletin #17-21-01, explaining Medical Assistance policy and procedures for Cost Effective Health Insurance (CEHI), explaining why MA cannot reimburse for any health savings account (HSA), Archer medical savings account (MSA) contributions, and why voluntary employees’ benefit associations (VEBAs) are not evaluated for CEHI
- DHS recently updated the Minnesota Health Care Programs Eligibility Policy Manual (EPM). A manual letter has been posted, describing the revisions.
Requested Actions Needed From MACSSA:
New Trends in This Area:
- DHS Operations is hiring 75 temporary staff to assist with MCRE renewals (similar to last year)
- Reasonable Opportunity Period (ROP) manual work for METS has been reported by various counties as being very time consuming for workers
Issues/Concerns Regarding This Topic:
- Issues with new Supervisor Workspace functionality in METS – most counties are reporting that they are not using it due to discrepancies in the system. Issues have been reported to the project team.