Housing & Transportation Update - June 2019
Key Highlights This Month:
Attendees: George Borrell, Anoka; Markus Klimenko, Hennepin; Deborah Huskins, Hennepin; Daniel Fox, Scott; Eric Ratzmann, DHS; Erin Sullivan-Sutton, DHS; Kristine Davis, DHS; Mike Willie, Wadena; Tim Hunter, Olmsted; Tanya Leskey, Wadena
A) Transportation Discussion: None
B) Transportation Forums? No suggestions
- Housing Support Changes (new legislation)
- Kristine Davis reviewed the legislative changes to Housing Supports. Some are as of July 1, 2019 and others will phased in over the next year. DHS is doing a presentation on the changes via WebEx :
Date and Time: Tuesday June 25, 10:30 a.m. to noon
Audience: Housing Support providers
DHS location: 444 Lafayette, St. Paul, MN, Room 3148
If attending in person, please RSVP to email@example.com. Seating is limited.
Webex Option: Register here to watch on your own computer:
The Power Point of the presentation will be available on the DHS web site.
- Assisted Living License (new legislation): MDH will start licensing Assisted Livings as of 8/1/2021. Stay tuned for more details.
- Other Housing related legislative changes: OEO will be releasing information on available grant funding for shelter services and outreach. $1M in one-time money.
- Community Living Infrastructure Grant Update/Discussion
- Collectively state wide, all grant applications totaled close to $13 Million with only $4.2 M for the next 24-month grant cycle. Grant contracts should be out to counties very soon.
- No additional grant opportunities currently. There may be potential for funding through HSAMI. No details currently.
- Housing Stabilization Services: Submitted additional information to CMS on June 20th. Target date is still genitively set for 1/1/2020.
- Unsheltered discussion: Scott Co. is looking at options for a shelter. Nothing concrete. The Metro County Human Services Directors have approved the RMC to move forward with the development of a plan to use “Demo Beds” as part of responding to the people who are unsheltered and riding the metro transit system. This is a collaborative with DHS, Metro HRA and Metro Transit. Erin encouraged greater MN counties to pay attention to philanthropic organizations that are looking to fund startup costs of supportive housing services and related costs.
- Other Housing discussions? None
- Housing Forum Proposals
- Olmsted County HRA-Creating a Robust Housing Landscape (Tim Hunter)
- George will follow up with Tim (who had to leave early) to sketch out a proposal for August or September
- Community Living Infrastructure Panel
ii. Stern’s County (Community Action Team)
iii. Regional Metro Collaborative (RMC)
iv. Others? Clay, Olmsted, Tribes, CoC’s, St. Louise
v. Housing Continuum; Funding Arm of COC; Community Arm
- George will engage a subgroup to sketch out a Forum proposal for August or September
Requested Actions Needed From MACSSA:
New Trends in This Area:
Issues/Concerns Regarding This Topic:
George Borrell and Janet Goligowski