Modernization Update - January 2018
Key Highlights This Month:
5-year Strategic Plan
- Presentation will be happening at the January MACSSA Meeting.
- Would like to have it done by the end of February.
- Governance Structure and Strategic plan are interconnected in this process moving forward. Sounds like changes to governance structure.
Data Architecture Design Team:
- Looking at options for Counties to have access to Tableau Reports.
- State is trying to staff up for data discovery.
IT Alignment workgroup
- Business Solutions office is interested in maybe having this as a Statewide Advisory Committee.
- Tom Kine will be talking about the SSIS County Allocation at the meeting on January 12th.
- The electronic forms proposal that Hennepin may be able to provide support to statewide efforts on forms was voted on at the last MACSSA meeting. This effort is moving forward; a meeting with DHS and MN.IT is being scheduled.
Child Support/PRISM (same status as last month)
- Jeff Jorgenson was hired as the new Business Integration Director within the Department of Human Services (DHS) Children & Family Services (CFS) administration. He started January 2nd. Will invite him to MACSSA in the new future.
- February 21st will be having a Curum demonstration.
- Was put on hold still until strategic plan is complete.
- With advent of Windows 10, Blue zone scripts have not been working but may have found a workaround. Look for SIR updates. DHS and Mn.IT may be meeting on the Scripts.
- Testing of Reliability of questions on MN Choices 2 is the next step and they are entering into contract for this work. Compressing the questions makes reliability more difficult. The County/State workgroup had a sneak peak of the new tool however there is not an electronic version to see so it is difficult to make a judgement about its value at this point. Pam was going to send me what they viewed however I have not seen it yet.
- Projected target date for MN Choices 2 is the first quarter of 2019.
Integrated Service Business Model
- The 2 day retreat with APHSA to help finalize the roadmap will be January 24th and 25th.
- PDM functionality will start to be implemented in January 2018. Once tested, DHS will be able to give counties an estimate of the work coming. The first batch will be the end of the March.
- Curum Instance Alignment (CIA) seems to be a priority for July, 2018. Target is now delayed. Discovery project will be taking shape now to help decide how to align. Important to have County input when they begin. DHS is looking at someone to lead the discovery.
- Meeting getting set up shortly to discuss next steps with SSIS (didn’t catch who all would be there)
- CWISS enhancement program from Feds are being added – RFP to bring in consultant to firm up CWISS plans and work with the Feds
- The pilot – Brad was very impressed with how well the transition went to the centralized server.
- Updates on progress of SSIS is being shared at IT alignment
- A demo is being set up for the month of August of Curam
- Business Solutions is looking at user support as we move to a shared system. Currently each system has its own infrastructure. Session has been scheduled for January 30th to bring County and DHS to discuss.
Requested Actions Needed From MACSSA:
- None right now
New Trends in This Area:
- News of an updated governance structure is starting to get formalized. This will include ISDS, ESC, PMT, DADT, BADT, and the rest of the domain teams. We expect to see a finalized governance plan once the 5-year technology strategic plan is complete.
- Some discussion about how counties are working with external partners on common platforms. This topic will be brought to the IT Alignment Group and there may be other venues.
Issues/Concerns Regarding This Topic:
- Continued MnChoices technology challenges for staff.
- Communication between DHS, Counties and MN.It as modernization efforts and the ISDS roadmap are developed or adjusted.
- AMC is concerned about timing and additional workload of PDM and considering bringing forth a suggestion to the legislature to pilot with a few counties before full roll-out.
- County Leadership on Electronic Forms Modernization was supports as a position statement for this legislative session. Would not result in change in statute or rule, but rather allow for conversation with DHS on allowing Counties to work with DHS and maybe even take a lead in forms development during modernization efforts.
- Link to the Integrated Service Delivery System (ISDS) Email update. https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/MNDHS/bulletins/1c5aeb0
- Proposal for CIA Discovery Project
Owners: Brad Vold and Marti Fischbach
Experts: SSIS – Gary Sprynczynatyk; PRISM - Todd McMurray; Chisago MnChoices – Julie Ellis; METS/MAXIS – Deb Huskins; Technology – Chris Lancrete/Hennepin
Data – Scott Jara