Modernization Update - March 2018
Key Highlights This Month:
5-year Strategic Plan
- Working on final stages of completing this work.
- The new structure is being populated with new members.
- Share work between METS and non-METS – county reps were identified for discovery work as well as another workgroup.
- Marti is co-chair on the new ESC; Chris is also on the new ESC
- Deb is co-chair for new BADT; Brad is also on the new BADT
- METS PMT is phasing out in the coming months.
- Integrated Service Business Model is going to move into a new an implementation phase with governance in the new structure.
Data Architecture Design Team:
- New contact for our content expert.
- Data sharing framework is on hold – waiting on more work on role-based access.
- Minnesota Address verification tool will be “stood up” on March 18th. Curam is looking at leveraging the tool to get better addresses.
- Data analytics – county access to Tableau server, but it is in pilot stages right now.
- Bringing on business intelligence architect.
- Not a lot of progress on the new enterprise data warehouse. The existing data warehouse will be transitioned to it once it rolls out. Also looking at how counties can have more access.
- FileNet – got feedback from counties – they are pulling out themes such as transfer of documents between EDMS systems; getting taxonomy for data storage; identify common naming conventions.
- Hennepin (supported by MACSSA) suggested a pilot. That would use a database to send letters with pre-populated forms. Initial meeting with forms. DHS/MN.IT working on details on how to work on this with Hennepin. More to come on what the engagement will look like with counties.
IT Alignment workgroup / Technology
- Some agenda items for meeting coming up -
- Connectivity options for SSIS data
- Tom Kine will be presenting MNChoices 2.0 update
- Testing when counties are on different Windows version as well as different browsers
Child Support/PRISM (same status as last month)
- The demo on 2/22/18 was not very informative. In fact, there was no demo as we all expected. DHS/CSD was disappointed in result of the meeting however Jeff Jorgensen stated he remains confident that they will have a product for us to view at some point.
- REDMANE and IBM are partnering to develop a Child Support product to be placed on the CUMAM platform. There is no current PRISM like product that has been developed for CURAM like there are for other public assistance programs. This is new territory and a reason in my opinion IBM has chosen REDMANE as a partner. REDMANE is predominately a service based company and not a product service company and a new venture for them.
- DHS/CSD assured the group that they will remain transparent in their communications with counties through this entire process. CSD wants to make sure they really digest all aspects of the business process to include technology before decisions are made as we move on system modernization. The CSD Planning Advance Planning Document process was in the works the end of February and is either submitted or will be submitted to the FEDS.
- Lastly, it is important for us to remember that nothing will be done around Child Support modernization unless Minnesota receives approval from the Federal Government to proceed. The request for the PAPD (Planning Advance Planning Document) funding is now going to a higher level in the next week. CSD released the RFP on Monday 2/5/18.
- No update.
- No update
- A question was asked about server centralization and as counties are added, is there a concern for a decrease in speed/performance once centralized. The concern is valid and is a known challenge that the team is watching and taking actions to avoid.
Requested Actions Needed From MACSSA:
- None right now
New Trends in This Area:
- Governance structure is developed and MACSSA and DHS are working on participants.
- Some discussion about how counties are working with external partners on common platforms. This topic will be brought to the IT Alignment Group and there may be other venues.
Issues/Concerns Regarding This Topic:
- Communication between DHS, Counties and MN.It as modernization efforts and the ISDS roadmap are developed or adjusted.
- AMC is concerned about timing and additional workload of PDM and considering bringing forth a suggestion to the legislature to pilot with a few counties before full roll-out.
- County Leadership on Electronic Forms Modernization was supports as a position statement for this legislative session. Would not result in change in statute or rule, but rather allow for conversation with DHS on allowing Counties to work with DHS and maybe even take a lead in forms development during modernization efforts. All but 9 counties have responded to a survey and DHS will be reaching out to those.
Owners: Brad Vold and Marti Fischbach
Experts: SSIS – Gary Sprynczynatyk; PRISM - Todd McMurray; Chisago MnChoices – Julie Ellis; METS/MAXIS – Deb Huskins; Technology – Chris Lancrete/Hennepin
Data – Scott Jara