Modernization Update - October 2018
Enterprise Architecture Board (EAB)
EAB will meet next on Oct. 18.
Executive Steering Committees
Integrated Human Services Executive Steering Committee (I-ESC)
- I-ESC met on Oct. 10 about the new PMT structure.The I-ESC decided to move forward with the following proposed PMTs: People, Health Care Eligibility, Services and Payments, Infrastructure, Direct Care and Treatment, and Information and Data
- The group developed PMT membership guidelines for the DHS administrations, MNIT, counties and tribes. Guidelines for MNsure membership are pending. They also worked out a strategy and timeline for reaching out to these groups to recruit PMT members
- The I-ESC determined it will take input from I-ESC members and existing PMTs on the proposed assignment of projects to portfolios. It also talked about how ongoing assignment of new projects to portfolios will work with the new PMT structure. This discussion will be continued at the next I-ESC meeting
- The group will add Thursday meetings to its schedule each week through the end of 2018. These meetings will be held in addition to the current weekly Wednesday meetings.
Minnesota Eligibility Technology System Executive Steering Committee (METS ESC)
METS ESC is scheduled to meet next on Nov. 27.
Architecture Domain Teams
BADT met on September 19th and discussed person-centered services and trying to create a consistent definition. A small group agreed to work on it and bring it back. Design team was given an update on the roadmap and the system development life cycle.
Data and Information Governance (DIGT)
DIGT will meet next on Oct. 23.
FADT will meet next on Oct. 18.
SADT will meet next on Oct. 22.
TADT will meet next on Oct. 16.
Program Management Teams
PMTs generally meet each week to discuss project portfolio status, upcoming releases, and to prioritize and manage change requests. For more information, please email the communication manager listed at the end of this newsletter.
Integrated Service Delivery System (ISDS PMT)
ISDS PMT met on Oct. 10.
- Discussed including ISDS work into upcoming Cúram releases and will request reserving space in the releases to deploy defect fixes for the Enterprise Appeals Solution (EAS).
- Received word that the PMT will be reviewing a draft of the as-needed APD from Oct. 22-23.
- Reviewed projects in red and yellow status in the weekly project status report.
- Project prioritization recommendations developed by the Non-APD Project ISDS PMT subgroup
- The charter for the Annual Renewals Across Medical Assistance projec
- A change request to extend the schedule for the NETStudy 2.0 project
Minnesota Eligibility Technology System (METS PMT)
METS PMT met on Oct. 9 and 11.
- Continued work on roadmap planning, including a review of candidate project lists, project scope information, and potential options for estimating and tracking business and MNIT capacity. The target for completing roadmap planning is the end of November.
- Reviewed the results of the Address and SSN Management Discovery.
- Approved a change request to remove a Notices item from release 18.4.1, which involves pulling the already-developed code out of the code base.
- Determined next steps for several projects in the Gateway.
- HCEO and MNIT teamed up to provide a system demonstration to the Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) on Oct. 9. The demonstration walked CMS through:
- Differences between the METS and SMRT instances.
- Overview of the Non-MAGI application process.
- A walkthrough of a consumer applying for QHP and MA eligibility, the interface process with MMIS, as well as the health plan enrollment process for both QHP and MA.
- Reviewed the weekly project status report and discussed items needing action in the PMO Gate Tracker.
Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS PMT)
MMIS PMT met Oct. 9
- MMIS discussed MMIS Modernization Roadmap and the projects that will continue into 2020.
- The group discussed some concerns some projects being assigned to the People PMT when it appears that Medicaid services/payments are involved. PMT has requested an escalation to I-ESC regarding identifying a process to raise concerns about project assignments in the proposed PMT structure.
- PMT got an update on the EIDBI forms, billing codes, and closure project. The forms portion of the project has been moved to the Other Program and will be removed from the MMIS program documents.
- PMT also discussed the project Separate Code for LPN and SNV. PMT will continue this discussion next meeting
Requested Actions needed from MACSSA in the next month:
Nothing right now
APPARENT TRENDS IN THIS TOPIC AREA:
APD is driving a lot of questions and efforts at this time.
Issues/Concerns regarding this topic this month:
There are some financial limitations that may inform future legislative needs
Bulletins, Publications, or supporting materials to be included with this update: (Please attach to the email sent with this report.)
CONTACTS (For Topic Groups):
Marti Fischbach – Modernization Co-Lead; IHSM ESC Co-chair
Brad Vold – Modernization Co – Lead; BADT member
Jane Hardwick, Stephanie Radtke, Denise Moreland - EAB