Self - Sufficiency Update - September 2019
Key Highlights This Month:
- DHS published a bulletin highlighting 2019 legislative changes for the CCAP Program: Bulletin #19-68-16 Child Care Assistance Program 2019 Legislative Changes.
- DHS plans to revise MN Rules, Chapter 3400, Child Care Fund. For more information, visit https://mn.gov/dhs/partners-and-providers/news-initiatives-reports-workgroups/child-care-and-early-education/ccap-rule-rev.jsp. If you have questions or comments regarding rule revision, email dhs.CCAPrule@state.mn.us.
- DHS CCAP hosted a video conference on June 6th for the 2020-2021 County and Tribal Child Care Fund Plan. Fund plans will be due to DHS by September.
- Plans that have not been submitted yet are LATE. There are 35 outstanding plans that must be submitted.
- The video conference is posted online at:
- http://stream5.video.mn.gov/MNIT/_Child_Care_Fund_Plan_Review_06-06-19.html DHS MNIT installed a system change to MAXIS and MEC² to implement a change in counting the income for new spouses that passed in the 2017 legislative session. This change was effective Dec. 1, 2018.
- DHS CCAP is offering in-person training on training topics resulting from the Training Survey that workers completed. Trainings started last month and continue through September.
- DHS is working on coordinating several changes to MEC². Some changes are related to policy changes and others are necessary system updates to ensure on-going support and capacity of MEC² and MAXIS. DHS will be engage with a workgroup of local agency workers to ensure a strong user validation process for changes.
Requested Actions Needed From MACSSA:
New Trends in This Area:
Issues/Concerns Regarding This Topic:
Bulletin #19-68-16 Child Care Assistance Program 2019 Legislative Changes