Self-Sufficiency Update - October 2018
Key Highlights in this topic/WORKGROUP for the PREVIOUS month:
Economic Assistance and Employment Supports Division
- The Economic Assistance and Employment Supports Division will release an extended deadline for responding to the RFP for integrating MFIP and public health home visiting for teen parents. Look for a formal announcement
- Through the end of November, division staff are gathering donated items like hats, coats, gloves, socks, and blankets for people inhabiting the Little Earth Encampment that runs along Highway 55 and the Little Earth community in south Minneapolis.
- Division Help Desk staff will present on outreach and engagement efforts at Hennepin County’s monthly Client Information Session team meeting on November 15th.
- The division is now offering a professional development course entitled Effective Workplace Communication and will release its 2019 State Training Calendar in mid-November for county staff to register.
- CSD staff met with county representatives to discuss declining incentives and start developing plans to address the issue.
Recent and Upcoming Events
- Recently, the Minnesota Office of the Legislative Auditor spent several weeks looking at quarterly reports CSD prepares on accounts receivable and other financial measures. This effort resulted in one process improvement the division will use moving forward.
- Division staff worked with the CFS director of recovery to respond to recent flooding in the DC1 building that interrupted payment processing and printing. During the response, electronic payment processing continued and the paper and cash-based payments process was up and running in three days. Staff have drafted an after-incident report and debriefed about the incident for lessons learned.
- The next Child Support Task Force meeting is on November 28 in St. Paul.
Upcoming Grants and RFPs
- The RFP for genetic testing just posted. The division is looking for lab services to provide testing for the next five years.
- The division is drafting an RFP for its System Modernization feasibility study.
- CSD Help Desk staff continue to build a close partnership with the FATHER’s project to assist parents through orientation to child support, identifying barriers, and providing resources.
Requested Actions needed from MACSSA in the next month:
APPARENT TRENDS IN THIS TOPIC AREA:
Issues/Concerns regarding this topic this month:
Bulletins, Publications, or supporting materials to be included with this update: (Please attach to the email sent with this report.)
CONTACTS (For Topic Groups):
Barb Dahl and Brad Thiel